Monday, June 16, 2014

The Freezer/Fridge Won't Shut, Ice Melted and Our Food Has Thawed

Now, how do we fix that?  Or do we need to call someone who knows about fridges?

We came home, after a long day in the big city, and as soon as I opened my door, I could smell some rotten meat.  I thought it may have been some animal scavenging meat somewhere or one of the trash cans, which was full, and ignored it.  Then I walked to turn on the lights in the carport and as I looked over at the corner where the freezer was, I saw a crack.  We didn't close the freezer door properly and now all the food are thawed, including some that may have froze rotten.



Well, I Googled up "fridge door magnetic strip not working" and found out that it is called a "Door Casket."

Here is a conversation where I got the lead to some appliance parts websites:
To find the part, you will need the model # of your fridge.

Here is where you can find your model #:

http://www.easyapplianceparts.com/Model-Number-Locator+9+repair.htm

Ours, obviously, is on the left inside wall of the freezer (pictured here).


I saw some door casket options for $75 and as low as $40.  When I searched specifically for ours, it ranged around $100.  Here are some prices for ours, if you're interested in a price comparison.


Because it was the most inexpensive (part & shipping), we bought our door casket from Easy Appliance!

Now, wish me luck getting the pice on...  :-O

No comments: